Previewing 2013 ALCS and NLCS Ticket Prices
October 11, 2013
After a terrible 2012 season the Boston Red Sox have managed to climb their way to lead the league with 97 wins and home field advantage throughout the playoffs under the new leadership of John Farrell. Boston anchored by David Ortiz and John Lester were able to secure their chance for a third World Series in the past decade.
By beating the Rays in the ALDS the Red Sox are about to do something they never have in their 113 year history, play the Detroit Tigers in the playoffs. The Tigers are back in the ALCS for the third straight year in their quest for their first World Series since 1984 after losing last year to the Giants.
The average ticket price for the ALCS is $327.91 yet there is a huge discrepancy between the Tigers and Red Sox the average cost of a home ticket for the ALCS. The average for Detroit Tigers tickets is $179.86 but the Red Sox average is 342% more reaching a price of $616.14 per ticket. The cheapest Red Sox tickets are Game 1 & 2 which clock in at $413.91 and $436.50 respectively.
- Game 1: 10/12/13 at Boston | Avg. Price: $413.91 | Get-in Price: $129
- Game 2: 10/13/13 at Boston | Avg. Price: $436.50 | Get-in Price: $99
- Game 3: 10/15/13 at Detroit | Avg. Price: $166.64 | Get-in Price: $69
- Game 4: 10/16/13 at Detroit | Avg. Price: $178.26 | Get-in Price: $70
- Game 5*: 10/17/13 at Detroit | Avg. Price: $195.05 | Get-in Price: $70
- Game 6*: 10/19/13 at Boston | Avg. Price: $722.67 | Get-in Price: $165
- Game 7*: 10/20/13 at Boston | Avg. Price: $774.80 | Get-in Price: $148
The battle for the National League Pennant comes down to two of the most storied franchises in all of the MLB, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the St. Louis Cardinals. Behind the phenomenal pitching of aces Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke the Dodgers have played earned a spot in the NLCS after taking down the Atlanta Braves in 4 games.
The St. Louis Cardinals have been a model organization as this will be their 8th appearance in the NLCS since 2000 and have won two World Series in the process. They are here by way of knocking out the Pittsburgh Pirates in NLDS and will rely on Carlos Beltran and his monstrous postseason play, hitting .345 in the playoffs.
Greinke will take the mound against Cardinals rookie pitcher Joe Kelly in Game 1 where St. Louis Cardinals tickets are averaging $157.76 with a get in price $57. The NLCS current series average ticket price is $341.29, with the potential Game 7 topping the list averaging $456.93. The Cardinals home average ticket for this years series comes in at $361.75; up $130 from last year when their home average when they played the San Francisco Giants in the NLCS, while Los Angeles Dodgers tickets are averaging $332.81 in LA.
- Game 1: 10/11/13 at St. Louis | Avg. Price: $157. 76 | Get-in Price: $57
- Game 2: 10/12/13 at St. Louis | Avg. Price: $184.24 | Get-in Price: $62
- Game 3: 10/14/13 at Los Angeles | Avg. Price: $288.53 | Get-in Price: $102
- Game 4: 10/15/13 at Los Angeles | Avg. Price: $322.44 | Get-in Price: $95
- Game 5*: 10/16/13 at Los Angeles | Avg. Price: $373.73 | Get-in Price: $99
- Game 6*: 10/18/13 at St. Louis | Avg. Price: $427.22 | Get-in Price: $90
- Game 7*: 10/19/13 at St. Louis | Avg. Price: $456.93 | Get-in Price: $104
Remember, for the best deals on MLB playoff and World Series tickets, always visit TicketIQ.com.