(UPDATE 7/14/15) It’s been less than a month since the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, but that won’t stop Blackhawks fans from getting ready for the next season as soon as possible. The Blackhawks will host a three-day fan convention at the Chicago Hilton & Towers starting on July 17. The 8th Annual Blackhawks Convention has already sold out of reserved room packages at the Hilton. Three-day passes are also going at a premium on the secondary market, as Blackhawks Fan Convention tickets currently have an average price of $179.13.
Once the regular season starts, those premiums on the secondary market won’t go away. Blackhawks tickets currently have a season average of $293.71. The most expensive home game at United Center still remains the home opener against the New York Rangers with an average price of $702.44 and a get-in price of $273.
Chicago Blackhawks Raising Prices For 2015-16 Season Tickets
With five home games remaining during the 2014-15 regular season, the Chicago Blackhawks have already announced prices for 2015-16 season tickets. The price for Blackhawks tickets will be going up by an average of eight percent. This will be the sixth straight season that the Blackhawks will be raising prices.
Tickets will start at $50 per game, which is up from $42 this season. Prices will range all the way up to $450 per seat behind the glass. According to the Blackhawks, season tickets make up for 75 percent of ticket sales. The other 25 percent is easily sold as single game availability or through group packs.
The Blackhawks have some of the most demanded tickets in the NHL, as evidenced by their secondary market prices. Chicago has an average ticket price of $258 this season, the second most expensive secondary market average in the league behind only the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Chicago is on pace to lead the NHL in attendance for the seventh straight season. They also have a 313-game sellout streak in progress which includes both regular season and postseason games. After the final five games to end the regular season on April 7, that streak will sit at 318. Each of the five remaining regular season games at United Center have a secondary market average price above $250.
With the fourth most points in the Western Conference, the Blackhawks are currently slated to be a Wild Card team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Both the St. Louis Blues and Nashville Predators have more points than Chicago in the Central division. However, hockey-reference.com projects the Blackhawks to leap the Predators and finish as the No. 2 seed in the Central. Chicago also has the highest probability of winning the conference at 19.8 percent, .1 percent above St. Louis.
Currently on the secondary market, Chicago’s first two home playoff games have an average price of $290.67 and $290.49.