(UPDATE 5/7/15) One of the world's most diverse bands, They Might Be Giants have conquered power pop, alternative rock and even children's music. The duo will take their live act throughout cities such as Portland, San Francisco and Dallas before concluding May in their hometown of Brooklyn on May 31st.
Looking at the secondary market, the aforementioned hometown Music Hall Of Williamsburg show is the most expensive date, averaging $189. On the other end of the spectrum, May 7th at the Neptune Theatre is the by far the cheapest date at a $23 average. Overall, re-sellers are asking an average of $109.73 across all dates.
They Might Be Giants Extend Williamsburg Residency Into 2015 US Tour
(1/12/15) Pop rock icons They Might Be Giants are expanding their Williamsburg residency into a full fledged 2015 tour. In celebration of both new music video “Erase” and the relaunch of their famous "Dial-A-Song" campaign (just call 844-387-6962 toll free or read more at Rolling Stone if you don’t know what were talking about), the band has added a slew of tour dates between April and May. The full itinerary is below:
- Jan. 25 — Brooklyn — Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Feb. 22 — Brooklyn — Music Hall of Williamsburg (Playing “First Album”)
- March 29 — Brooklyn — Music Hall of Williamsburg (Playing “Flood”)
- April 16 — Pittsburgh, Pa. — Mr. Small’s Theatre
- April 17 — Chicago — Vic Theatre
- April 18 — Minneapolis, Minn. — First Avenue
- April 19 — Madison, Wis. — Barrymore Theatre
- April 21 — Cleveland — Beachland Ballroom
- April 22 — Clifton Park, N.Y. - Upstate Concert Hall
- April 23 — Boston — House of Blues
- April 24 — Washington, D.C. — 9:30 Club
- April 25 — Philadelphia — Theatre of Living Arts
- April 26 — Brooklyn — Music Hall of Williamsburg (Playing “Dial-A-Song”)
- May 1 — Los Angeles — The Regent
- May 2 — Anaheim, Calif. — House of Blues
- May 3 — San Diego — Belly Up
- May 5 — Salt Lake City — The Depot
- May 6 — Boise — Knitting Factory
- May 7 — Seattle — Neptune
- May 8 — Portland, Ore. — Roseland Theater
- May 9 — San Francisco — The Fillmore
- May 10 — San Francisco — The Fillmore
- May 13 — Dallas — Granada Theater
- May 14 — Austin — Stubb’s
- May 15 — Oklahoma City, Okla. — Diamond Ballroom
- May 16 — St. Louis, Mo. — The Pageant
- May 17 Columbus, Ohio — Newport Music Hall
- May 31 — Brooklyn — Music Hall of Williamsburg (Playing “The Else”)
They Might Be Giants Announce Monthly Shows at Music Hall Of Williamsburg
After They Might Be Giants tickets at the Music Hall of Williamsburg officially were announced as selling out, the long-time alt rockers are set for monthly returns to the Brooklyn venue.
While the original January 25th performance was billed as an intimate show in their hometown, the additional dates will see the band perform one of their most recognized albums along with favorites throughout their storied 25+ year career.
On February 22nd, TMBG will please audiences with 2014's “First Album Live” setlist along with other select cuts. The March 29th performance sees the band playing 1988's “Lincoln” in full. April 26th will be the night of compilation release “Dial-A-Song”.
The May 31st conclusion has the band playing their most well-known release, 1990's “Flood” containing tracks such as “Particle Man” and “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)”.
The band themselves have recently uploaded many of their full albums onto YouTube, enlightening casual fans to easily access TMBG's back catalog. While general admission pre-sale for each show is October 29th with on-sale of October 31st, They Might Be Giants tickets are expected to sell out quickly for each date. The full tour docket is below:
1/25 - Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY (An Evening with They Might Be Giants)
2/22 - Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY ("First Album Live" and more)
3/29 - Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY (Lincoln and more)
4/26 - Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY (Dial-A-Song and more)
5/31 - Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY (Flood and more)